This article is for users with existing mail merge templates.
Updating Templates and CSV files for Mail Merge
- CSV Templates
- The “Version=1.0” cell does not need to be updated, so if that cell has 6.0, or any other version you don’t need to edit it.
- “TaxPayerName” needs to be a column header and all cells in that column are required.
Updating Templates for Mail Merge
- Word Templates
- Mail Merge items may need to be changed.
- A default field, “TaxPayerName”, is required.
- This can be placed anywhere on the Word template.
- Your mail merge will have errors if that field isn’t used on your Word template and its corresponding CSV file.
- All items in the Signature Placement tab need to be changed.
- Remove all Fields (tags) placed using the SignatureFlow Word plugin.
- Replace these with SafeSend Returns Signatures fields.
Contact our Support team at
email@example.com or 855-818-3552.