This article outlines the full signer experience. The signer can access the document, review, sign, decline or delegate signing, and download documents.
The signer receives an email with a link to the document to be signed.
- Click Sign Documents to get started.
If authentication is turned on, the signer will need to answer a question OR enter an access code. The options below will provide the steps for each authentication method.
- Click the Request Access Code.
- Enter the code.
- Click Continue..
- Enter the answer to the question into the answer field.
- Click Continue to proceed to the signing step.
A list of all pages that require signature is listed in the left panel.
- Click on the Start arrow to be led to your first signature line.
- Click on the green signature block to open the Add Signature window.
- Continue to click Next until all signature fields are signed.
- Type out or draw your signature.
- Click Apply.
- Click Finish once all signature fields have been filled.
If the signer does not want to sign, they can either Decline to sign OR Delegate to someone else.
Decline to Sign
- Click Decline to sign.
- Enter a reason for declining.
- Click Continue to submit the declination.
Delegate to someone else
If this option is selected, the new signer receives an email notification to sign.
- Click Delegate to someone else.
- Enter the email address of the new signer.
- Enter the name of the new signer.
- Enter a reason for changing signing responsibility.
- Click Send to finalize the delegation.
- Click the Download icon in the top right-hand corner of the Signatures dashboard.
- This will download the document (s) to the workstation.
Once all documents have been signed, SafeSend will send a confirmation email with an access link to retrieve the signed documents.
- Click Access Documents.
- Complete Authentication (if applicable).
- Click the Document Name to download only that document OR
- Click Download All to download all documents into a .ZIP file.